Salespeople are getting wise and using social media to help promote themselves. That’s why we’ve assembled a few tips to help your sales staff rocking social media like the pros!
When I start coaching salespeople about social media, one of the toughest things to convey get is the fact that they have to make social media – for their business – a habit. Every second they waste on their personal profiles is a wasted chance to connect with a customer and build a solid social media sales machine.
Here are my top 10 foolproof tips:
- Build a calendar. If you know in advance what you want to do – on which day – you will succeed. Too many salespeople just can’t come up with anything, so they post nothing.
- Share trending videos. The reason behind this is 2-fold. First, it tricks the Facebook algorithm and gets more views on your page. This content is already trending on Facebook, so Facebook pushes it out to more people. Second, it gets people engaging with your page. This is important, because the more they engage with your page, the more they see all of your product posts. BAM!
- Share customer images. People love to see themselves on business pages. It shows that, by using your services, they made a good decision. It also acts as a referral for their friends and family.
- Ask your customers to check in to your page. This will grow your page fast.
- Go Live! Facebook loves live videos. They push them out to far more people than they do images, and wayyyy more than text alone. You want to get noticed, so go live 3-4 times per week.
- Post to your business page, share to your personal profile. Your friends want to do business with you, but they’ll forget you’re in that business if you don’t keep reminding them. But the path must remain the same: post to the business page first, then share to personal profile.
- Have fun! No one wants to watch a commercial 24/7. They’ll just change the channel. So have fun! Be silly sometimes.
- Let them in on what you’re passionate about. If you love fishing, share that. If you’re fond of family activities, take your customers along for the ride. People want to do business with people they know, like and trust.
- Take them behind the scenes. People love to see what happens when no one is around. Give them a sneak peek!
- Ask for their business. I swear, salespeople forget to do this. Also, ask for referrals!
I know this seems a bit simplistic – but trust me, social media does not have to be complicated. You don’t need any special equipment or have to be super-techy (is that a word)?
You just need to show up and deliver good content without selling all the time. Be funny, be charming, be real. BE SOCIAL!
Robin Wilson is the co-owner of SCP Agency.
She is a self-proclaimed social media guru and specializes in social marketing for auto dealerships. She has also been instrumental in teaching auto dealerships how to market through social media to their existing database and shows them how to make sure that they do not become victims of conquest marketing. She is a marketing coach to all and has become a leader in Facebook marketing strategies in the U.S.