Are you ready to shift gears in your automotive sales career?
As a seasoned mentor in the field, I’ve witnessed firsthand how the digital landscape is revolutionizing the way we connect with customers. Social media isn’t just a buzzword; it’s a powerful tool in your sales arsenal. In this guide, I’ll walk you through a 10-step process to not only attract leads on platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn but also to turn these online conversations into loyal customers.
Let’s drive into the future of automotive sales together.
Step 1: Identify Your Platform: Tailor your social media choice to where your customers are. (e.g., LinkedIn for professionals, Facebook for a broader audience)
Step 2: Create a Professional Profile: Your profile should reflect your expertise in automotive sales, with a professional photo and a bio that highlights your experience.
Step 3: Share Engaging Content: Post high-quality images and videos of cars, insightful articles, and industry news to establish your authority.
Step 4: Connect and Engage: Actively connect with potential customers and engage in conversations without overtly selling.
Step 5: Leverage Testimonials: Share customer stories and testimonials to build trust.
Step 6: Run Targeted Ads: Use social media ads to target your demographic effectively.
Step 7: Offer Exclusive Deals: Create social-media-only promotions to encourage followers to engage with you.
Step 8: Utilize Live Features: Host live sessions to showcase new vehicles or offer Q&A sessions.
Step 9: Monitor and Respond: Keep an eye on your messages and comments, ensuring timely responses.
Step 10: Analyze and Adapt: Regularly check your social media analytics to understand what works and adapt your strategy accordingly.
Let’s elaborate on some of these:
1. For most of you, Facebook will be your easy solve. Convert your profile to a professional dashboard for more control. (ask me how)
2. This just means keep it tidy. Your customers or potential customers are watching.
3. THIS IS THE GOLD! Engaging content is the trigger that keeps your content in their newsfeed. Watch this video for more info.
4. The subtle art of having a conversation without selling can take some finesse. But think about it like this, your main job is to determine if there is a need and then to solve the need. Can you do that in a conversation? The preacher at church doesn’t “sell” Jesus non-stop, he tells stories and looks for opportunities to share the good news. Try his approach before passing the offering plate or making an altar call.
5. Testimonials are SOCIAL PROOF that you are good at your job. Video is best if you can ask your customers to record one with you, if not, ask them for a Facebook or Google review. Save these to a folder or album in your phone and use them to earn your next customer.
6. Once you have a professional dashboard, running ads or boosting posts will be easy. (ask me how)
7. This can be contests, or “mention my Facebook post and get $500 off in January. Get creative and reward them.
8. Going LIVE on Facebook can be powerful. But please think out what you are going live about. Do not waste the viewers time. Do not wait for more people to get online. Announce that you are going live at 1pm to talk about _________, then go live, talk about it and stay live for at least 2 minutes. Answer questions if people post them, give them a shout out and engage with your viewers.
9. This one gets me every time. You made a post, the people loved it and commented or shared. REPLY TO EVERY ONE OF THEM! This feeds the Facebook algorithm, do not neglect this step. Also, check messenger every hour, there is gold in there.
10. Some posts will FLOP. It happens. Adapt and see what works and post more of that.
Transforming social media connections into customers is an art and a science.
By following these 10 steps, you’re not just selling cars; you’re building relationships and a robust online presence.
Remember, every post, every comment, and every conversation is a step towards your next big sale. Drive your digital strategy forward and watch as your career accelerates to new heights.
Number one rule: Be YOU, be authentic. But mostly, be consistent!
Robin Wilson is the founder of SCP Agency and EPIC BDC.
She spends her days finding new and creative ways to serve the automotive industry through social media or Business Development Center.
As an industry leader, Robin attends several high level conferences and speaks publicly annually.